Over the last few years we have been supporting fair trade fortnight in many different ways: from holding a Fairtrade tea party, eating fair trade bananas and swapping thousands of carrier bags for fair trade jute bags. This year we are doing our bit by working with lots of Fairtrade friends to take a big step for Fairtrade.
This year’s big theme of Fairtrade Fortnight is to go further for smallholder farmers. Despite these farmers producing 70% of the world food, these farmers often go hungry.
Here at Myakka we like to spread the fair trade word and this Fairtrade Fortnight we have featured a fair trade brand every day. To finish off the fortnight with a final flourish we have teamed up with some of our favourite Fairtrade friends to bring you a fantastic Fairtrade hamper packed full of Fairtrade goodies.
The very lucky winner of the hamper will receive
- Harry’s Nuts Fairtrade cashews and peanuts, peanut butter and two signed Harry Hill books, 'Harry Hill’s Whopping Great Joke Book' and ‘A Complete History of Tim’
- Two boxes of Booja Booja Chocolates – Hazelnut Crunch Chocolate Truffles and Around Midnight Espresso Chocolate Truffles
- Green People Fruit Scrub Exfoliator and Vita Min Fix 24 Hour Cream
- Three Easy Bean Lunch Pots
- One pair of pants from Pants to Poverty
- Three bars of Divine Chocolate
- A pants voucher from Who Made Your Pants?
- Fat quarter of fabric from Fairtrade Fabrics
- A upcylced washcloth from Piccalilly
- A bottle of Fairtrade organic wine from Tilimuqui Wines
- A box of Fairtrade tea from Cafédirect
- Seed box set from Secret Seed Society
- Mini Soap Gift Box and Bath Melt Gift Set from Visionary Soap
To enter our exclusive Fairtrade hamper competition simply click here.
We also have some very special promotion codes that will give you discounts on some of our favourite fair trade goodies. The Visionary Soap Company, who make lovely Fairtrade soap and bath bubbles, have given Myakka customers a whopping 30% off with the code VSC30 valid until 17th March 2013, simply visit www.visionarysoap.co.uk to claim your discount.
Piccalilly, who make lovely clothes for babies and children are offering 15% off with the promotion code MYAKKA during fair trade fortnight. Simply visit their website www.piccalilly.co.uk to claim your discount.
Pants to Poverty who make great Fairtrade pants and PJs from fair trade cotton have given our customers 20% off their lovely range of Men’s and Ladies pants and pyjamas. Simply visit www.pantstopoverty.com and use the promotion code FF20.
Who Made Your Pants? Make pants here is the UK using fabric from lingerie producers at the end of a season reducing landfill and then are made by marginalised women here in the UK. Who Made Your Pants? are offering Myakka customers 10% off their range of pants. Simply use the promotion code Myakka10 to claim your discount by the 10th March 2013 visit www.whomadeyourpants.co.uk.
Our friends Fair Trade Fabric, who have a great selection of fair trade fabrics, are offering Myakka customer a free pin cushions worth £3.50 with any purchase using the promotion code MYAKKA simply visit www.fairtradefabric.co.uk/ to claim yours.
However you support Fairtrade Fortnight, make sure you enter our competition to win some amazing Fairtrade goodies. Simply click here to enter. To find out more infomrmation about our featured fair trade brands take a look at our Facebook, Pinterest and Google+ pages.