We start with Liz’s (Creative Manager) Tandoori Lamb Wraps which are from Anjum Anand's Indian Food Made Easy cook book.
400g boned lamb, cut into 2cm cubes
2tbsp melted butter
to serve Green chutney mixed with 3 tbsp yoghurt
For the marinade:
150ml Greek style thick yoghurt
Half an onion peeled and roughly chopped
15g garlic (approx. 8 cloves) peeled
8g fresh ginger peeled
1½ tsp garam masala
1½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp fennel seed, ground
¼ tsp ground black peppercorns
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp coriander leaves
½ tsp red chilli powder or to taste
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt or to taste
- Blend marinade ingredients together until smooth, pour into non-metallic bowl. Mix with lamb, leave to marinade, preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook - pre-heat grill
- Thread lamb onto skewers
- Place on grill, cook for 5-6 mins until tender, tuning half way through cooking.
- Baste with butter, cook for another minute or two for slightly pink, longer if you prefer well done.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm for last 5 mins of cooking.
- Divide lamb into 6 portions and place in centre of tortillas. Top with some veg and spoon over 1½ tablespoons of green chutney.
- Roll, serve and enjoy!